Support to Peace Building and Increased Access to Sustainable Livelihoods
What is this project about
The programme seeks to contribute to the creation of an enabling environment for peace building and development in Zimbabwe.
Peace Building and Increased Access to Sustanaible Livelihoods has the following expected outputs:
- National capacities for dialogue, peace building, prevention, management and resolution of conflict strengthened;
- Community capacities (women and youth) for Recovery and Conflict Sensitive Sustainable Livelihoods Increased at Local Levels;
- Increased Capacity of Communities, Local and National Institutions for Disaster Risk Reduction and Recovery;
- Increased support by the UN Coordination of Sustainable Recovery in Zimbabwe.
- Facilitated the development of a National Policy Framework for Peace and Reconciliation (NPFPR);
- Facilitated the development and of Draft Principles for the establishment of the National Peace and Reconciliation Commission;
- Facilitated the development of the Zimbabwe Code of Conduct for Political Parties;
- Successfully lobbied for the provision of the National Peace and Reconciliation Commission (NPRC) into the new National Constitution;
- Conducted a number of peace sensitization training workshops targeting Ministry of Women Affairs Gender and Community Development, youth and women groups;
- Conducted peace outreach campaigns through radio to promote peaceful environment before, during and after the 2013 general elections.
UNDP will provide technical and financial support to the National Peace and Reconciliation Commission (NPRC).