Strengthening Local Government Service Delivery Capacity for Sustainable and Inclusive Development
What is this project about
This project seeks to address the challenges that are confronting the local government sector, such as the severe structural challenges which are undermining its ability to provide universally accessible basic services to the citizen. The project is a continuation of the Capacity Building of Local Government and Service Delivery project than ran between 2012 - 2015 implemented by the Ministry of Local Government, Public works and National Housing.
- An enabling local government legislative and policy environment developed;
- Capabilities of local authorities delivering sustainable and inclusive services enabled;
- mechanisms for citizens engagement in the local authorities' governance developed;
- Knowledge development and management systems developed; and
- Gender mainstreamed in the local government sector