Multi-Donor Support Programme for the Parliament and Office of the Auditor General
What is this project about
The programme seeks to develop a Parliament that is enabled to perform its core functions for improved legislative, representative and oversight roles that promote public participation, accountability and gender equality in conformity with the Constitution of Zimbabwe as well as relevant national, regional and international parliamentary development frameworks.
- New laws enacted and old laws aligned with the Constitution;
- Oversight function of Parliament strengthened; Governance systems enhanced;
- People's participation in legislation formulation, decision-making and related democratic processes increased;
- Parliament's perfomance of its core functions strengthened through capacitating Parliament leadership and staff; and
- Strengthened gender mainstreaming in the work of Parliament