Annual Report 2013-2014
In all five regions of the developing world, UNDP supports progress that is sustainable, inclusive and resilient to setbacks.
Our 2013-2014 Annual Report spotlights results from actions across core dimensions of development, from jobs and food security, to well-run elections, to crisis recovery, to the management of finite natural resources. All our efforts aim at one overarching and increasingly achievable goal: to help countries eradicate poverty and significantly reduce inequalities.
The report showcases our diverse partnerships, vital to all our efforts, and more than ever focused on collaboration that taps rich experiences in the global South.
- Through political reforms and careful national planning, poverty and malnutrition have begun declining in Niger.
- Tunisia’s landmark new Constitution drew on extensive consultation; it provides sweeping protections of human rights
- The Philippines, while recovering from Typhoon Haiyan, is ramping up measures to reduce future vulnerability.
- Through renewable energy, and more efficient construction and transportation, Kazakhstan is transitioning to a green economy.
- El Salvador is tackling the complex roots of pervasive violence with measures from job creation to gun control.